Thursday, July 31, 2003

OK, Gang...I couldn't figure out how to back date posts so that they would display the date they took place. Because of this, I'm going to put up a couple of days at a time to keep from putting up 20 pages of stuff in a single post. Here's the first stuff...Enjoy!

LEAVING TOWN

The Beginning

Why all the finality? Everything I do I keep thinking, “This is my last…” whatever. Last meal, last time to see the local news (like I ever watched it anyway), last time I eat a Whataburger (now that IS important). But it won’t be the last time. Just the last time for a while. What is it about travel that makes us act like we aren’t coming back? Maybe it’s hardwired from back when we were nomads. When travel really did mean you weren’t coming back. Who knows…

I keep thinking how our perception of time changes. Five months in Austin passes in a blink, will it work the same in down in Oz? Being here for 2 weeks feels a lot longer than 2 weeks, that’s for sure. I’ve done more in the last 14 days than I probably did all last year. Probably more a commentary on my lazy ass than anything else, though.

Oh, yeah...FYI in case you haven't seen my pictures of the trip yet...I shaved my head. Go ahead, reread that again. I know you don't think you read it right, but you did. Every once in a while I have to do something to keep people guessing. I want to be dependable, but not predictable. Plus, I figured if my hair was going to leave me I would get rid of it first. Take THAT hair! I mention this here because I keep forgetting. I'll get used to it, I guess.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home