Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Sydney
July 14, 2003
The airport is definitely the most trendy/posh one I’ve ever been in. They force int’l arrivals walk through the duty free shop…that’s pretty shrewd.
People were acting like it was cold. Felt like a beautiful spring day in Austin, around 65 degrees. Found out later it was the warmest temperature for that date in history...go figure.
Taxi to the Randwick was another one of those ubiquitous (outside the US) little vans w/ a hair dryer engine, complete w/ a surly E. European driver.
Randwick IS cool…run by the Kelly’s.
I will be VERY happy when I can stop lugging my bags (not to mention Ana’s 75 lb. monster) up stairs!
Made it up to UNSW today. Turned out Ana and I weren’t actually registered yet so we had to go see the folks at the law school. Jen was nice enough, but I caught a definite vibe when we (mainly I) were trying to pick classes that weren’t on the short list she gave us. I asked if there was anything like the “forcing” we have, and she answered with something about limited class space and the fire code. I knew right then I was going to have to do this myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home