Saturday, February 28, 2004

Tim Farris Freedom Festival

Friday was a busy day for me. It started with the aforementioned high school students visiting the law school. Besides running out of breakfast snacks, everything went smoothly and ON TIME!! Surprising, I know. We got rave thank you's from the teachers so, hopefully, they weren't just being nice.

Right after that, I drove to Dallas for the "Freedom Festival." Tim is marrying Erin, a good friend of mine from law school. As a matter of fact, Erin was one of the first friends I made here. It didn't hurt that she happened to be sitting next to a gorgeous 6'3 blonde at the time. Anyway, they graciously asked me to be in their wedding party which is accompanied by certain duties. One of those duties is getting the groom very drunk at least once.

Thankfully, Tim isn't down with the whole strip club bachelor party cliche because neither am I. As much as I eschew participating in debauchery, I try not to infringe on others who want to have women rub on them in exchange for crumbled $1 bills. We went to a Dallas Stars game (Dallas won, 3-1). My first hockey game, for what its worth. I didn't realize that there are only 6 to a side-it seems like so many more on TV. That may have to do with the line changes, they subsitute just by skating on and off the ice in groups.

Next we hit Pete's Dueling Piano Bar which was fun. This was also where Tim proceeded to get drunk. Another funny thing that happened was that the success of a guy in our group with the ladies seemed to vary inversely with their availability. In other words, the only guys that got any play were the one's w/ girlfriends. Don't worry ladies. No one did anything wrong...in front of me, anyway. JUST KIDDING! Can you guess from my tone which one of us was the only single guy? Yep, it was me. :( Oh well...

The best part of the night was Tim yelling at the cab driver on the way home, "SLOW DOWN!! You're doing, like, 90!!" What makes this so funny is that we were AT A STOP LIGHT!! Another one of my favorite lines, "It's pilates, Jackass!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home