Friday, March 05, 2004

I didn't want to live in Beaumont, anyway...

I got another rejection letter from a judge this week. I can add Beaumont to the list of backwater places that don't want my services, joining the state of Kentucky. Just kidding, far be it from me to be bitter. The weird thing was that Judge Hines actually listed the name and school of the person who got the clerkship. I should Google them later...then maybe a dead fish in the mail. Just a thought.

My friend Mark and I just finished working on my truck. Notice I hesitate to use the word "fix." Call it caution on my part. I just feel bad about the pool of enging coolant we left in the parking lot. If you live in San Marcos, try not to drink the water for the next, oh, 30 years or so. This ad paid for by Ozarka.

At school, I spent 2 hours talking to an admitted student about where he should go to law school. Obviously, I was trying to convince him to come to UT. His dilemma was between Texas and UC-Boulder. Not much of a question, really, but for him it was. It really is a tough thing. As much as I think Texas is the right fit for most folks out there, I know that it is not for everyone. Piece of advice for all you applicants out there--Ultimately, you have to go to the school where you feel most comfortable. 3 years goes by in a flash, but it can seem like eternity if you end up at a school that makes you miserable.

Most people would agree Texas is worth the loans. Law school is an investment. I have a feeling we are going to lose some students this year who will make exactly that choice, but between Texas and Harvard/Yale/Stanford etc. Whatever you do, you owe it to yourself to visit schools before making your final decision. COME TO PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS DAY!!! That's my own plug :)

Assualt & Flattery
is tomorrow night...I'll let you know how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home