Friday, August 22, 2003

July 24, 2003 Thursday
It’s my birthday today, which means it will last for 39 hours. Today we had to register for classes. Luckily, I because we were law students, we got to skip most of the massive lines everyone else had to wait in. Our day went much smoother than many of the other students. Still, actually getting the classes I wanted took a little doing. The law school was being shady about what classes are available. They were telling us classes were full when they weren’t. Another law student caught them doing that, forcing them to admit they were just trying to save the seats for their own students. I can’t really blame them for that, really. At UT, the state legislature says that 80% of the students must be Texas residents. It’s the same thing, really. They should have just told us. I finally got fed up trying to pick a class they would let me enroll in and told the girl to just enroll (which is spelled with one ‘l’ here in Australia) me in anything because I was just going to change it later. Classes are bound to open up after local students start changing around their classes.
We went out to dinner to a Thai restaurant (there is one every 20 feet here) in the city. Ana, Leslie, and my Aussie mate Angela (the school matches up exchange students with locals). Afterwards, Leslie and I went to see my favorite comedian. Eddie Izzard just happened to be in Sydney with his new show so it was a happy coincidence that all the shows sold out forcing them to add a show on my birthday. All in all, a pretty good birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home