Friday, September 05, 2003

August 29, 2003 Julie’s weekend visit

Julie, our friend from law school, came up from Melbourne (a 10 hour trip by high-speed train) this weekend. She is doing exchange like we are. Though she knows both me and Leslie, I am claiming her for my visitor list because the girls already have a small nation of their peeps visiting them.

The big thing we did was go to the opera. We got all dressed up (pictures on Snapfish). I got to wear my suit so bringing it was not a total waste. There actually isn’t a dress code for the opera itself, but we had dinner at the restaurant inside it, which did have one. For $500 (7 people), I think I should have been able to wear whatever I wanted. Oh, well...the hamburger I had was great. JUST KIDDING!! I had some sort of fancy-ass chicken thing with some other sort of corn/bean (cous-cous?) thing on it. It wasn't bad.

We also spent a day at Manly Beach, capping the evening off by watching “Finding Nemo” (a super cute movie, BTW). It has only been out here for 2 weeks!!