Wednesday, September 03, 2003

July 29, 2003 Tuesday
No class today, but that will change soon. I’m going to have class 4 days a week. If I’m not careful, class might develop into a habit. The whole gang (Leslie and Ana didn’t have class until 6PM) hit downtown again. We checked out the Centerpoint Tower, pictures on Snapfish. Back in the day, every major city in the world decided that they had to have a huge tower, so this is Sydney’s. My favorite part was that it had a huge doughnut full of water that acts as a balance. The huge balance keeps the tower from tipping over if all the people are standing on the same side, like to watch the New Year’s fireworks on the Harbour Bridge. I’d like to think making something that big tip over wouldn’t be that easy, but oh well. If we need a big water doughnut to keep it from falling over like a stack of Lego’s then I’m all for it.

Afterwards, the girls headed to class and Gareth and I had a look around. We checked out the Queen Victoria Building. It used to be this really old important building until whatever the important stuff was moved and they let it go to pot. The government was going to tear it down until some foreign rich guy turned it into the nicest mall I’ve ever been in. It’s nice to see big business saving history instead of tearing it down, for a change. Then we walked to the Bridge to walk up the “Pylon”. Actually climbing on top of the bridge costs about $150 US, but you can climb up one of the pylons for $6 US. The stupid pylon closed at 5 PM and we got there at 5:10 PM. How much does that suck? We ended up walking across the bridge and back, watching the sunset and lights turn on. I am finding it mildly disturbing that Gareth and I have shared so many romantic sunsets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home