Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Big Week

We've got a big one coming up, kids. This friday is the Law School's Prospective Students Day. We've got about 150 folks coming and its my committee's responsibility to make sure they are wowed. Granted, many are folks that have no desire to go anywhere but UT, and that is flattering. Our big task is convincing all those who are on the fence to choose to spend the next three years in Austin instead of Boston, New York, Palo Alto, etc. Not easy, but not as hard as some of you might think.

My committee chair for this event has done a great job planning so I am really looking forward to seeing everything work out. We've got tours, mock classes, info sessions from financial aid, the Career Services Office, and study abroad, guided apartment tours, meal, mixers, and a DANCING BEAR!! Ok, so there's no dancing bear. We tried to get Bevo, but it has this little problem with loose bowels. (Lesson kids: Long term use of animal tranqualizers DOES have lasting effects.)

I know this week is going to be good because I won a raffle in my Texas Civil Procedure class for a free quiz grade!!! This is VERY important because I have already missed two quizzes thus far. Silly me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home