Thursday, April 22, 2004

We interrupt this semi-regularly scheduled blog...

To point my finger at America and yell, "YOU STUPID, MORONIC, MOUTH-BREATHING, IDIOTS!!!!" Why the vitriol? Did you see the travesty that was American Idol last night?!

Once again, my fellow Americans have dissapointed me. I can understand when we can't pick the right President or a bunch of us choose another actor to be governor; that doesn't bother me. The one thing I thought the American public would be able to handle would be voting for our next pop star. I mean, this is the country that practically invented pop culture! The last two competitions have proceeded pretty much the way they should have, with a few minor exceptions.

While I personally would never have chosen George Huff , Matt Rogers or especially Jon Peter Lewis, I agreed with the judges that this was the strongest 12, top to bottom, so far. But how in the world does one of the 3 "Divas" of the show, undoubtedly one of the most talented singers and performers, not to mention the TOP VOTE GETTER LAST WEEK, get sent home?!!

I smell voter fraud. It is an absolute travesty that Jennifer Hudson is watching the rest of the show at home, while John Stevens is forced to suffer through another horrible week knowing he doesn't deserve to be here and must die another slow, painful death on stage in front of millions of people. SHAME ON YOU, AMERICA!

Is it strange that a 25-year-old heterosexual male has opinions this strong on American Idol? Naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh....

EDIT: You think I'm the only one pissed? Think again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home