Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Countdown

I'm sitting in my should-be-more-empty-by-now apartment thankful that a few of my neighbors don't feel the need to secure their wireless internet signal. Seriously, I'd be bouncing off of the walls right now if I didn't have internet access. I wanted to drive my new car around some more before I tow the trailer with it, but it seems unhitching the trailer is significantly harder when it's full of stuff.

I did finally get someone to come with me, one of my best friends from high school. The only thing that sucks is that is new manager at work wouldn't let him take an extra day off without finding someone to cover for him, which he wasn't able to do. Apparantly, there aren't many people who work 8am to 6pm who wouldn't mind working 2pm to 2am. Who knew?

We'll be leaving sometime around 1am tonight, then breakfast and lunch with somefriends of mine in Dallas. Wednesday afternoon we'll head to Amarillo and as much further as we can get before we get tired.

Thursday will get us to Santa Fe and Taos, NM and all the way to Denver by nightfall. If we make good time on Wednesday, we may be able to push a few more hours past Denver.

On Friday, we'll have a long stretch (about 10 hours) from Denver to Salt Lake City, Utah. After S.L.C., we will only have 11 hours to go before we get to Moscow and my new home. Well, maybe "home" is too strong a word for right now...let's go with "domicile" (nice legal word) for now.

I have a feeling this is going to go by much faster than I thought it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home